click bug (not)

jamieson at mit.edu jamieson at mit.edu
Thu Dec 20 18:09:56 EST 2001

Hi Eddie,

This is a question as well as a bug in the kernel (I think) that affects
click.  The question is: do calls to click_chatter get output to the
console in the order that they are made?  If the answer is yes, then there
is a problem with click_jiffies() in glue.cc that was inherited from linux
on the i386 (kernel 2.4.16) -- when I placed click_chatter calls in
click_jiffies, examining tv_sec and tv_usec, most of the time everything
is fine, but sometimes tv_usec goes backwards(!?) by a few usecs.  This
causes click_jiffies to be non-monotonic.  I guess this isn't a click bug,
but it did affect my click code...

Kyle