IPv6/IPv4 translation

Peilei Fan peilei at MIT.EDU
Tue Apr 24 19:49:20 EDT 2001

Hi, Marc:

I read your paper and visited your website when I started my work of
IPv6/IPv4 under Click. It was really helpful.  For me, I implemented basic
routing elements of IPv6 in Click so that Click is able to route IPv6
packets as well. Then I created protocol translators and address-and-port
translator specifically for IPv6 and IPv4 translation.  This project is for
my master thesis under supervision of Professor Morris.  I am supposed to
finish writing it and put on the web soon.

Right now, Click is used for Linux and some Unix systems.  I don't know if
anyone tried to run as a kernel module in Windows/NT.  Perhaps other people
at Click group will be able to answer this question.

Best Regards,

Peilei