Known hotconfig problems?

Eddie Kohler kohler at aciri.org
Tue Apr 3 13:02:38 EDT 2001

> > One potential issue: Maybe the 'cli()' is causing problems for you. Try
> > getting rid of the "save_flags()/cli()/restore_flags()" stuff.
>
> Aha!  Commenting out these lines seems to stop it crashing (I've not checked
> whether the resulting system does anything useful yet).  I tried copying
> about twenty times before I got bored with no ill effect.  Any idea why
> disabling/reenabling interrupts in this code would fail for me but not for
> you?

One thing might be that you are using a different device driver than we
have been. Or that you are receiving more packets than we are.

Also, that "cli()/restore_flags()" stuff is probably wrong!! Maybe the best
thing is just to leave it commented out.

The reason it was there was to prevent Click from receiving packets while
the hot swap was in progress. But I'm not sure whether that would really be
a problem at this point!

Why don't you try running it without cli()/restore_flags() and see if that
creates any problems? I'll comment it out in the CVS repository, we'll
think about it, and maybe click-1.2.0 won't have that code.

love,
ed