What happened to my repository?

Eddie Kohler eddietwo at naugabutt.lcs.mit.edu
Mon Oct 9 14:24:41 EDT 2000

We've had to rearrange the Click filesystem organization.

TH most conspicuous change is that include files that used to be in "lib/",
are now in "include/click/". So when you #include element.hh, do not say
this --
	#include "element.hh"
say this:
	#include <click/element.hh>
and the same goes for ip6address.hh, glue.hh, vector.cc, and so forth.

The actual .hh files have been relocated to the include/click directory of
the source repository. Only .c's and .cc's are under lib/.

I've changed all the Click source files to follow this scheme. It compiles
and installs fine. You may need to do a 'make clean' before runninng
'make'.

This was necessary to support building groups of Click elements outside the
main Click directory. So for example, it would be pretty easy now to make
'grid.o', containing Grid elements, that was automatically loaded when
installing a Grid configuration witth 'require(grid)'. See the files under
etc/samplepackage for an example.

love,
ed