Click-1.1b1 released!

Eddie Kohler eddietwo at naugabutt.lcs.mit.edu
Thu Oct 5 10:40:45 EDT 2000

Hi,

We are pleased to announce the release of version 1.1b1 of the Click
software. This is a beta version, but it is quite stable for us. We would
appreciate any comments you have on the beta; "stable" 1.1 should be
released in a week or two. Version 1.1 features a substantial number of
incompatible changes relative to Version 1.0.6. Make sure to check the NEWS
file, also available on line at http://www.pdos.lcs.mit.edu/click/news.html

Some user-visible changes:

	- Many, many elements added, including:
	  - More precise rate-measurement elements
	  - IPv6, NAT, firewalls....
	  - ControlSocket for flexible control over user-level configurations
	- Better performance in some elements
	- Some more sample configurations
	- Cleaned up configuration string parsing
	- Many bug fixes and other improvements

A more complete list of changes is visible at
http://www.pdos.lcs.mit.edu/click/news.html

Please write us with any questions, comments or suggestions at
<click at pdos.lcs.mit.edu>.

Thanks!
love,
ed