Some questions regarding device drivers

Benjie Chen benjie at cag.lcs.mit.edu
Thu Jul 27 14:07:44 EDT 2000

Hi

> - works the patch to the device driver for the polling with all ethernet
> cards supported by the tulip driver ? (we have e.g. DLINK DFE-570TX 4port
> cards which work with the tulip driver, which announce 'Digital DS21143
> Tulip rev 65' when booting linux).

It should. The patch to the tulip driver is based on the tulip.c code
from standard linux distribution, so if your card uses that, it should
work with our patch.

> - are there plans to support a Gigabit ethernet card with the polling
> extension ?

The 2.2.16 patch to be distributed with v1.1 of click (to be released
in a couple of days) contains a patch to make the Tigon based Gb cards
pollable and therefore work with PollDevice. We will release more
up-to-date patches in the future, as there are still issues not worked
out yet in v1.1.

Benjie

--
Benjie Chen