click-1.1

Eddie Kohler eddietwo at naugabutt.lcs.mit.edu
Thu Aug 17 22:26:21 EDT 2000

Hello everybody,

We are going to release click-1.1 to the public next week. This means a
couple things:

- If there are lingering problems you've experienced, or features you'd
  like to see, now is the time to ask.

- If your elements do not work, they should be commented out with
  ELEMENT_REQUIRES(false).

- If you don't want to distribute an element right now, add it to the
  NODIST file.

- Every element should have good documentation. Read 'man elementdoc' (or
  'man doc/elementdoc.7') if you don't know how to write the documentation.
  This includes one-line summaries (the new '=s' section) for every
  element. I've added summaries for many elements, but not all.

- Make sure your element names meet our exacting anal standards.

- If your changes are big, add them to the NEWS file and/or the README
  file.

- We/you should decide whether to distribute Grid.

Thanks!
love,
ed