space in Anno in Packet.hh

Peilei Fan peilei at MIT.EDU
Wed Aug 2 15:58:59 EDT 2000

Dear all:

I am now merging ipv6 stuff with the current click.  I need to add

"IP6Address dst_ip6" into the stuct Anno (in packet.hh) which is 16 bytes.

With this addition,  Anno in kerenel will be over 48 ( in userlevel it is 44), which is not allowed.  I am wondering if anyone can give me some advice on how to deal with it or is willing to give up some other fields in the Anno (either delete or make them smaller size) to make some space for me.

Also, does anyone know what the Anno's kernel part suppose to do?

Thank you.

Peilei