timers

Eddie Kohler eddietwo at cag.lcs.mit.edu
Thu May 20 16:27:25 EDT 1999

I've added timers to the faction stuff. See timer.hh and timedfaction.??.
They [seem to] work at user level or in the kernel. It's about time! (HA)

I did not change spantree.cc. Therefore for now EtherSpanTree has been
commented out of ipb.cc and module.cc

Also added a function
     void Faction::uninitialize(Router *);
This function is called in two situations:

     - When a router is destroyed, it calls unitialize() on each of its
       factions
     - When a router cannot be initialized because some of its factions
       failed to configure or initialize themselves, all the factions which
       DID successfully initialize have uninitialize() called.

This means that a router is never in a partially initialized state.

Back in an hour or so
love,
ed