name game

Eddie Kohler eddietwo at cag.lcs.mit.edu
Tue May 18 16:45:53 EDT 1999

I think we need a name for our system. I am sick of saying "faction-based
router". I do not want to say "A faction-based router is based on
factions."

IPB is okay but it would be nice to avoid an acronym.

Here is webster faction just for the fun of it:

fac.tion \'fak-sh*n\ \-shn*l, -sh*n-*l\ \-e-\ n [MF & L; MF, fr. L
   faction-, factio act of making, faction] 1: a usu. selfish or contentious
   group : CLIQUE  2: party spirit esp. when marked by dissension  -
   fac.tion.al aj

I wouldn't mind calling our router Click. (soudns like clique, and it's the
sound you get when you plug factions together)

Or we could call it "Marked By Dissension", or "Party Spirit"

or "The Communist Manifesto"

or "ID4: Independence Day"