[chord] Chord source code and corresponding SFS version

Tri Nguyen Phi Minh lordelf007 at gmail.com
Mon Sep 10 23:49:44 EDT 2012

Dear Dr.Emil Sit,

Thank you so much for your link!
I installed successfully SFSLite 0.8.16 on Ubuntu 8.04 as your
recommendation.

Then, for installing BerkeleyDB, I installed version 4.6 of it, but the
processing of running Chord configure couldn't locate it when it notices:
    "
       ./configure --with-sfs=../sfslite-0.8/okws-sfslite-d10ee20/
--with-db=/usr/local/BerkeleyDB
       checking for ...
       checking for BerkeleyDB library... configure: error: Cannot find
BerkeleyDB in /usr/local/BerkeleyDB
    "

I did some configurations to make system to be aware of where the Berkeley
DB libraries can be found like:
    "
      echo /usr/local/BerkeleyDB/lib > /etc/ld.so.conf
      ldconfig
      export CPPFLAGS="-I/usr/local/BerkeleyDB/include"
      export LD_LIBRARY_PATH="/usr/local/BerkeleyDB/lib/"
      export LDFLAGS="$LDFLAGS:-L/usr/localBerkeleyDB/lib"
    "

ldconfig now could locate BerkeleyDB when it shows:
   "
      tri at tri-desktop:/etc$ ldconfig -p | grep libdb
    libdbus-1.so.3 (libc6) => /usr/lib/libdbus-1.so.3
         libdbus-glib-1.so.2 (libc6) => /usr/lib/libdbus-glib-1.so.2
         libdb-4.6.so (libc6) => /usr/local/BerkeleyDB/lib/libdb-4.6.so
          libdb-4.6.so (libc6) => /usr/lib/libdb-4.6.so
   "

However, running Chord's configure file still complain that it cannot find
BerkeleyDB as previous.
Could you please tell me extra configurations I should do to make Chord
find Berkeley libraries?

Thank you for your time.
Tri Nguyen