[chord] Chord queries relating to Initialisation and Join

Emil Sit sit at mit.edu
Mon May 24 14:29:44 EDT 2010

On Thu, May 20, 2010 at 5:55 PM, Aisling O' Driscoll
<odriscoll.aisling at gmail.com> wrote:
> in the finger table entries? Thus if this is the case, every time a node
> determines that it has a new successor or predecessor it dynamically updates
> its finger tables?

In the MIT Chord implementation, successors, predecessors and fingers
are all calculated dynamically based on the current set of known live
nodes.

> I had come across the attached paper that made use of an update_finger_table
> function (pg 5). It made it sound like it was part of the default

That looks like someone's final paper for a class; I would stick with
papers that appear on the main Chord web site as primary references.

--
Emil Sit / http://www.emilsit.net/