[chord] Question about Chord.

Emil Sit sit at emilsit.net
Tue Jan 12 21:40:23 EST 2010

On Mon, 11 January 2010 at 18:42 (+0100), Nicolas.Goles_Domic at sophia.inria.fr wrote:
> I have found your Chord implementation pretty interesting. I'm working
> on a project in which I need to implement something like this for the
> iPhone, it would be great to be able to re-use your code actually.

You're welcome to do so though it has suffered from some bit
rot, most likely.  And there has been relatively little actual
attention in practice paid to things like bandwidth efficiency.

> Do you have any good advice to implement Chord protocol on an iPhone ?
> Or on how to build maybe an ARM binary of your implementation ??/

In theory, if you can get a C++ cross compiler to build the top of the
tree against some appropriate version of sfslite, it would just work,
assuming reasonable POSIX-y support for the iPhone... There should be no
fancy stuff like asm() instructions to get in the way.  Maybe there are
some floating point operations in the coordinates code, so that might be
an issue.

Hope this helps.

--
Emil Sit / MIT CSAIL PDOS / http://pdos.csail.mit.edu/chord/