[chord] 【chord】We need your advice

Emil Sit sit at MIT.EDU
Thu Apr 17 20:04:23 EDT 2008

On Wed, 02 April 2008 at 23:35 (+0800), 潘凯 wrote:
>      We are doing some implementation on chord.Exactly to say,we want to transmit
> some information,a data structure defined by ourselves as example, on a chord
> based network.We really need your help and Please give us some advice about:
> 1. Do we need to modify the chord source code?If do,Which parts?

We have limited support for mutable data; however, if you have an
immutable data structure, you can encode it as a a string, and then
store that using the standard insertion code.

You can view the source in the file tools/dbm.C as an example.

> 2.Do we need to read the Berkeley DB and the sfslite code very carefully?

No.

> 3.Does any document available?For example,something like the code-structure or
> introduction to the user interface?

There is a rudimentary HOWTO on the website (in signature), and
there have been suggestions posted to the mailing list in the past.
Perhaps others can point to sample code that they have written
as well.

--
Emil Sit / MIT CSAIL PDOS / http://pdos.csail.mit.edu/chord/