[chord] I can't find the dbm & vis

Emil Sit sit at MIT.EDU
Tue Jul 24 12:42:10 EDT 2007

On Tue, 24 July 2007 at 17:05 (+0800), Bin YANG wrote:
> And then, I want to start a client, but I cannot find the dbm.
> According to the HowTO.html, dbm located in the devel directory of the
> source tree. But I cannot find the devel directory in the souce.

dbm is in the tools directory; I fixed the howto just now, thanks.

> I find a dbm in my build directory (~/Chord/build/chord/tools), but it
> cannot run successfully.

why not?

> Similar, I cannot find the vis either.

vis is also in the tools directory.  In order to build/run vis, you
need gtk installed.  You may need to apt-get/yum install gtk development
headers.  Check the output of configure to see if it detected the gtk
libraries.

--
Emil Sit / MIT CSAIL PDOS / http://pdos.csail.mit.edu/chord/