[chord] error: `template' (as a disambiguator) is only allowed within templates

Emil Sit sit at MIT.EDU
Sat Mar 11 14:46:07 EST 2006

On Sat, 11 March 2006 at 11:37 (-0800), Byung-Gon Chun wrote:
> ../../sfsnet/chord/chord.h:101: error: `template' (as a disambiguator)
> is only allowed within templates
>
> Someone asked this question long time ago in this mailing list, but I
> could not find an answer.
> How should I fix the problem?

Any time you see this you generally want to remove the word template.
One way to do this with "recent" CVS snapshots of SFS is to use
the word "Xtmpl" which will #define into 'template' for old versions
of g++ or '' for new ones.

Or if you use the current CVS version of Chord, it ought to build
fine with new g++ versions.

--
Emil Sit / MIT CSAIL PDOS / http://pdos.csail.mit.edu/chord/