[chord] Urgent: Help in running chord

Tushar Bansal tushar_v_bansal at yahoo.com
Wed Apr 26 16:32:50 EDT 2006

Hello,

 I am Tuhsar from Georgia Tech. We are trying to build a distributed monitoring system using Chord. I have sucessfully compiled chord with dmalloc and sfs. But when I try to run the asynchronous DB deamon (adbd) I get a core dump. I am using RH9.
 Thus I ran a "make check" in the utils directory and got the following tests failed.

 base insert... test_locationtable: /users/ManTush/sfs1/async/vec.h:177: vec_base<T, N>::elm_t& vec<T, N>::operator[](int) const [with T = int32_t, unsigned int N = 0]: Assertion `(size_t) (i) < (size_t) (lastp - firstp)' failed.
 FAIL: test_locationtable
 FAIL: test_adb
 2 of 4 tests failed

 Please help us out of this problem. Also could you guide us the exact way to run the lsd deamon if we try to use the -d and -S options. Also, is the parameter specified to -S a file/directory?

 Awaiting your response,
 Tushar