[chord] something wrong about chord

zhuocheng xiao zhuocheng.xiao at gmail.com
Tue Jan 4 00:49:06 EST 2005

Hi,
  I meet some problems while i run the chord program. The error is as
followings:
lsd: dbfe.C:100: dbEnumeration::dbEnumeration(DB*, DB_ENV*): Assertion
`!r' failed.
  Because the "Chord How To" says chord depend on the sfs, so i first
download the sfs package from www.fs.net, the url to it is:
http://www.fs.net/sfswww/dist/sfs-0.7.2.tar.gz, and i build the sfs succesfully.
  Second, I use the snapshot of 2004-12-25-chord-0.1.tar.gz, and build
it successful on the RH9.0.
  After the aboving steps, i run the chord using: lsd -j
10.20.6.179:10000 -p 10000, and it works
well. But after i start another shell on the same machine, and run
another chord using: lsd -j
10.20.6.179:10000, the errors come out soon.
  Can you tell me how does this generate? And i don't know which
snapshot is stable, or which tag
of CVS is stable, so i think maybe i am using an unstable chord. So
can you tell me how to get a
stalbe chord source? By the way, does the chord depend on the
BerkeleyDB? If depends, which version is good?
  Thanks a lot
                                                            Zhuocheng
                                                             05/1/3