[chord] dhashclient linking problems

piotrek jacak jacak at gmx.de
Wed Dec 28 16:31:50 EST 2005

Hello,
thank you very much for your fast reply.
i didn't use an Makefile.am in my attemp to link the code.
all i did was to create a Makefile in the directory from which i wanted to
access chord. i'm not really an expert on this one, but i thought one
Makefile would do.

My Makefile looks as follows:

OBJS=p2p-dhashclient.c
CC=g++3
SFS=/home/pj/sfs1/
SFSBUILD=/home/pj/sfs-build/
SFSNET=/home/pj/sfsnet/
CHORDBUILD=/home/pj/chord-build/

LIBS=-L$(CHORDBUILD)dhash -ldhashclient -L$(CHORDBUILD)utils -lutil
-L$(CHORDBUILD)svc/.libs -lsvc -L$(SFSBUILD)sfsmisc/.libs -lsfsmisc
-L$(SFSBUILD) -lsvc -L$(SFSBUILD)crypt/.libs -lsfscrypt
-L$(SFSBUILD)arpc/.libs -larpc -L$(SFSBUILD)async/.libs -lasync -L/usr/lib
-lresolv -L/usr/lib -lgmp

INCLUDES=-I$(SFS)async -I$(SFSBUILD) -I$(CHORDBUILD)svc -I$(SFS)arpc \
                -I$(SFS)crypt -I$(SFSNET)dhash -I$(SFSNET)chord \
                -I$(SFS)sfsmisc -I$(SFSBUILD)svc -I$(SFSNET)utils
-I$(SFS)adb \
                -I$(SFSNET)proxy

p2p-lsd: $(OBJS)
        $(CC) -o p2p-dhashclient $(OBJS) $(LIBS) $(INCLUDES)

Do you think my Makefile is the reason for my linking problems?

The second issue which i have at the moment:
I do a project at my university in which i have to write a MIT chord module
for SER (sip express router). As you might know the SER is written in C.
My question would be: do you think i would be better off accessing chord
(for example via chord-socket) as a separate process or linking chord and
writing a wrapper between C an C++?? I would need only basic functionality
like inserting a peer into the overlay or looking up a peer.

Best regards,

Piotr Jacak