[chord] Are there standard Chord messages defined?

Hanaoka, Alexander alexander at hanaoka.de
Thu Apr 7 16:01:29 EDT 2005

Dear Chord developer team,

I am a student from Darmstadt/Germany currently working on a student research project. For my project I have to do an implementation of the Chord protocol. Unfortenately I could not find any detailed specification for the messages that are exchanged between Chord peers in the publications section on your web page. Does there some kind of RFC like paper which defines such "standard Chord messages" exist or is every programmer free to implement the Chord protocol the way s/he likes?

Thank you for you reply.

Kind Regards

Alexander Hanaoka