[chord] File size limit on CFS?

Emil Sit sit at MIT.EDU
Thu Oct 7 10:41:35 EDT 2004

Hi,

> If you need more deial information, please downlaod the following file.
>     http://staff.aist.go.jp/k.suzaki/tmp/chord-db.tar.bz2
>     This files includes /var/tmp/db-*

Thanks --- we'll try and figure out what's going on here, though
CFS is not something that we have actively worked on for some time.
By the way, in the future, we'd prefer that messages to our mailing
list be less than 40k.

> We still have a qeustion. we can't compile directly. We change the
> following line to allow to copy contractor. Does it cause trouble?
> sfs1/async/list.h: 37-38
> class list {
>   // forbid copying
> -  list (const list &);
> -  list &operator= (const list &);
> +//  list (const list &);
> +//  list &operator= (const list &);
> public:

This looks like something that may be the result of changes
between sfs-0.7.2 and sfs-0.8pre.  I'm not sure that it will
hurt anything while you allow copying in this case.

> If you have binary package for CFS, please give us.
> Or do you have VMware image for CFS?

There is no binary distribution or VMware image; sorry.

We're a little busy now due to the NSDI paper deadline at the end
of next week, but I've noted this in our bug-tracking system.
Hopefully we'll be able to get to it this month.

What are you using CFS for?

--
Emil Sit / MIT LCS PDOS / http://pdos.lcs.mit.edu/chord/