[chord] I have a question

yuanlin03 at mails.tsinghua.edu.cn yuanlin03 at mails.tsinghua.edu.cn
Thu Nov 18 01:51:47 EST 2004

Hi,
  I am a student in Tsinghua University in China. My name is Yuan, Lin. I am
reading a paper about Chord - "Chord: A Scalable Peer-to-peer Lookup Service for
Internet Applications." SIGCOMM'01, Auguest 27-31, 2001.
  And I have a question. In "Figure 6: Pseudocode for the node join operation" in
the paper, as follow:

......                                for example, when node 7 joins, n=7
n.update_others()                  |
  for i=1 to m                     |
    p=find_predecessor(n-2^(i-1)); |  first i=1, then p=find_predecessor(6)=3<|
    p.update_finger_table(n,i);    |  3.update_finger_table(7,1);             |
                                   |  thus, node 6 isnot concerned!!!????     |i=2

n.update_finger_table(s,i)         |  3.update_finger_table(7,1)              |
  if(s in [n,finger[i].node))      |  7 isn't in [3, 6), then -----------------

By the way, may I ask the Chord project is still going on? I visit your Website,
and find that there isn't any publications about Chord in 2004 listed in the
Website.

                                                                     Yuan, Lin
                                                                    2004.11.18