[chord] Problem building the chord simulator

vmi at mobnets.rwth-aachen.de vmi at mobnets.rwth-aachen.de
Thu May 6 13:54:27 EDT 2004

Hi once again,

I tried to install the simulator and I have observed some problems.

I ran the ./configure and at the end of building I obtainedthe following error output:
[root at PC-2 p2psim]# ./configure
checking for gawk... gawk
checking for gcc... gcc
checking for suffix of executables...
checking whether gcc accepts -g... yes
checking for g++... g++
checking whether g++ accepts -g... yes
checking dependency style of g++... gcc3
checking for ranlib... ranlib
checking for gm4... no
checking for gnum4... no
checking for m4... /usr/bin/m4
checking whether the compiler implements namespaces... yes
checking whether the compiler has ext/hash_map... yes
checking if malloc debugging is wanted... no
checking if Thomer's malloc debugging is wanted... no
checking whether ln -s works... yes
checking for restore_graph in -lgb... no
configure: WARNING: Stanford graph base not available. gtitm topology will not be built
checking for ANSI C header files... yes
checking for sys/types.h... yes
checking for sys/stat.h... yes
checking for stdlib.h... yes
checking for string.h... yes
checking for memory.h... yes
checking for strings.h... yes
checking for inttypes.h... yes
checking for stdint.h... yes
checking for unistd.h... yes
checking openssl/sha.h usability... yes
checking openssl/sha.h presence... yes
checking for openssl/sha.h... yes
checking fmt.h usability... no
checking fmt.h presence... no
checking for fmt.h... no
configure: error: fmt.h header not found.  please see the INSTALL file.

I say the INSTALL file and there is nothing there...

Please can you tell me what has gone wrong?

Thanks in advance.

Regards,
Vasil