[chord]

hnprl hnprl at sina.com
Sat Mar 20 22:35:28 EST 2004

dear professors:

     I`m trying to run chord on Linux  Redhat9. When I build SFS and chord
I meet some problems,I have tried many times,however,I cann't  reslove it.
I really need your help.

     When I build SFS according to the "chord howto"in
@pdos.lcs.mit.edu/chord/howto.html in the process of implement  ./setup,
Here is the debug result.  there are 2 warnings:

[root at hp sfs1]#./setup
 +m4 libsfs/Makefile.am.m4>libsfs/Makefile.am
 +m4 svc/Makefile.am.m4>svc/Makefile.am
 +uvfs/setup
 +chmod+xsetup
 +libtoolize
Remember to add 'AC_PROG_LIBTOOL' to 'configure.in'
Using 'AC_PROG_RANLIB'  is rendered obsolete by AC_PROG_LIBTOOL.
You should update your 'aclocal.m4'  by running aclocal.
Libtooliz:'config.guess'  exists : use '--force' to overwrite.
Libtooliz:'config.sub'  exists : use '--force' to overwrite.
Libtooliz:'ltmain.sh'  exists : use '--force' to overwrite.
+aclocal
+autoheader
  configure.in:262:warning:AC_CONFIG_SUBDIRS:you should  use literals;
  configure.in:276:warning:AC_CONFIG_SUBDIRS:you should  use literals;
+automake--add-missing
agent/Makefile.am:installing './depcomp'
+test -x /usr/local/bin/autoconf_new
+autoconf
+set +x

The following step is ./configure,there are several abnormal informaition
  /root/src/sfs1/missing:unknown '--run' option
 Try '/root/src/sfs1/missing --help' for more information
 configure:WARNING:'missing' script is too old or missing.

Then ,when I  implement gmake,there are 2 errors;
libtool:ltconfig version 'does not match ltmain:sh version1.3.5'
Fatal configuration error,see the libtool does for more information.
gmake[2]:***[clock_gettime.lo] error 1
gmake[2]:leaving directory  '/root/sfs_build/async'
gmake[1]:***[all_recursive] error 1
gmake[1]:Leaving directory '/root/sfs_build'
gmake:***[all] errors 2

But when I skip the step ./setup, there is no error. Then I begin buliding
chord,there is the same problem,when I implement the step ./setup ,there
are two warnings:
  configure.in:35:warning:AC_CONFIG_SUBDIRS:you should  use literals;
  configure.in:40:warning:AC_CONFIG_SUBDIRS:you should  use literals;
However,there is no error in the "gmake".But when I run chord ,start the
bootstrap node,the  debug result goes to;
  lsd :changing  namesever to 202.197.64.6
  lsd:changing  namesever to 202.197.64,7
the debug doesn't go anymore.

  I have already  tried many times,but there is no any progress.I really need
 your help. In addition,I am not sure whether I download the right software,I
download the "sfs-0.7.2.tar.gz" for SFS and " sfsnet" for Chord. I hope you can
give me some suggestions .Thank you very much.

   yours faithfully

×¢²áÐÂÀË9Õ×Ãâ·ÑÓÊÏ䣨 http://mail.sina.com.cn/chooseMode.html £©