[chord] More questions

adrian at softnet.tuc.gr adrian at softnet.tuc.gr
Sun Jun 6 23:14:28 EDT 2004

Hi,

I stuck again, and I have some questions :

1) The return value of compute_hash(buf,d) is indepented from my hostname?
    If I call it from anoter computer, could it has the same value?

2) In test_types.C, If don't use PUB_KEY, I need sfsconst_init() and
    srandom(seed) ?

3) I use NOAUTH type(thanks for previous explanations on dhash_ctype) and I
    store data(a string like "my name is") with a key e.x. bigint(10).
After it is
    stored, I might want to change my data to "my name is adrian".
    Is it possible to do it and the key will remain the same?

    I ask this, because I run dhash.append(...) in test_types.C but I
don't see
    any changes to my initial data. I run :
        warn << "data (" << blk->len << " bytes) was " << str(blk->data,
blk->len) << "\n";
   in fetch_cb_append() and fetch_cb_append_second() and I always see
   the same result in my screen.
         typetest: data (23 bytes) was This is some test data
         typetest: data (23 bytes) was This is some test data

   Moreover, I add '+ 1' in length of data of in
         dash.append(key,data,strlen(data)+1, ...)

Thanks,
Adrian.