[chord] C wrapper for Chord

Johan Rydberg jrydberg at gnu.org
Tue Dec 7 14:05:15 EST 2004

Ion Stoica <istoica at cs.berkeley.edu> writes:

> Yes, this is correct. It does not provide any storage layer on to of the
> lookup protocol.

I suppose it wouldn't be impossible to build such a layer using the
"data" packets.  What's the status of the chords code in i3?  Is it
still maintained?  And does it contain any (known) bugs?

Another issue. I found the following file in the i3 package:

  -rw-r--r--    1 jrydberg jrydberg        0 Feb 27  2004 COPYING

As you can see it's empty.  Under what license is i3 released?  My
guess is that it's released under GPL (a file called COPYING normally
contains a GPL license) and you have only created empty files to shut
up Automake.  Note that you can run Automake with --foreign to lessen
the strictness of what files need to exist in the source directory.

As well, I can't seem to find any copyright notices, which is kinda
important if I want to modify or borrow parts of the i3 code base.