[chord] block overwriting

Brian Badillo bbadillo at vt.edu
Wed Dec 1 14:23:22 EST 2004

Hi, I am a student using chord for a distributed systems project.

I was wondering if there was any way to overwrite a block written by
dhashclient at a certain key.

The MUD in the source tree seems to be able to do this.  From  my
understanding each room has a certain key
based on the room name, and when a new avatar enters the room, the entire room
is inserted again at the
same key and is presumably overwritten.
But when i retrieve a block that I have "overwritten" i still get the old
value.  Is there a way to overwrite or delete
blocks at a specified key.

-Brian Badillo
-Virginia Tech