[chord] help with dhash...

Vijay Gopalakrishnan gvijay at cs.umd.edu
Wed Aug 18 21:51:09 EDT 2004

Hi,
I recently grabbed the chord implementation from the CVS and was playing
around with it. I managed to get sfs and chord to compile. I also managed
to run lsd successfully.

I wrote a toy program along the lines of test_types that inserted
<key,value> pairs using DHASH_NOAUTH and got it to run fine. There was one
input that I typed in wrongly and realized I could not delete it. I was
wondering if there is any way of deleting/modifying the value associated
with a particular key. This brings me to my second question; how is the
data actually stored? I am not running the loop-back file system client.
Is it stored in the database? What is the merkle tree used for?

I would really like to have the ability to delete entries because in the
long run, I plan to try to use this setup as a distributed dictionary.

Thanks,
Vijay