[chord] error message when building chord

Emil Sit sit at MIT.EDU
Fri Nov 14 14:02:54 EST 2003

> I can build chord on both Freebsd 4.7 and Freebsd 4.8, but I'm
> still struggling to compile it on Freebsd 5.0.

Hmm.  I will try and find a FreeBSD 5.x box to play with.
We are still using FreeBSD 4.5--4.8 in our development.
Some other questions might be what version of automake,
autoconf you used and what is the exact gcc invocation that
is used to try and build that file?  What's in your config.h?

It seems like gcc is complaining about some types that it
doesn't know about that ought to be defined in db.h (that
my db3 port has in /usr/local/include/db3/db.h).  Is that
file actually being included?  Perhaps there is some other
db.h that is earlier in your include path?

One useful way of exploring your include tree is to run
inctree [*] on the appropriate .C file with the -I and -D flags
from the g++ command-line.

[*] http://www.cpan.org/scripts/nutshell/ch6/inctree

--
Emil Sit / MIT LCS PDOS / http://pdos.lcs.mit.edu/chord/