[chord] Chord interest

Jim Hodapp jhodapp at iupui.edu
Sat Jun 7 18:13:06 EDT 2003

To Whom It May Concern:

    I am trying to implement the Chord P2P framework as described about
in "Chord: A Scalable Peer-to-peer Lookup Service for Internet
Applications" and noticed on the SFS page that there is a full
implementation in CVS.  Is it possible to take this code and get a
working Chord command line based network going without having to use
SFS?  Do you have any pointers in implementing Chord?  I will be using
C++ to implement it.  How active is the development on Chord still at
MIT?  Do you have any plans to somehow integrate its functionality (of a
P2P network specifically) right into a project like Gnome?

Thanks,

Jim Hodapp

--
Jim Hodapp