[chord] simulator query

Thomer M. Gil thomer at lcs.mit.edu
Sun Jul 27 21:27:04 EDT 2003

----- Forwarded message from Tim Hu <timhu at mobqos.ee.unsw.edu.au> -----

From: Tim Hu <timhu at mobqos.ee.unsw.edu.au>
To: "Thomer M. Gil" <thomer at gil.com>
Date: Mon, 28 Jul 2003 10:25:49 +1000 (EST)
Subject: Re: [chord] simulator query

dear thomer:

sorry for the delayed reply, was on holiday ...

> Could you tell us what it is that makes you say this?  Where do you
> think the implementation deviates from the ``specifications''?

in the chord simulator, the finger table entries is refreshed by a LRU
policy, and doesn't seem to conform to key-space routing (as said in the
chord paper).

by key-space routing i mean each entry in the finger table is 2^x keyspace
away from the node, and then you match the closest nodeid to the finger.

> We are currently working on another simulator that we will release in
> September.

eagerly awaits,

thank you,

tim