[chord] Maintaining the finger table in CHORD

Frank Dabek fdabek at MIT.EDU
Tue Aug 26 19:03:48 EDT 2003

Qasem,

	Each second one of the finger table entries is updated. An entry is
updated by performing a lookup for the beginning of the range that the
given finger is a part of (e.g the second range is [n + 2^2, n+2^3]
where n is the node's id). If the lookup returns the current finger
entry, it is correct. Otherwise the current entry is replaced. As an
optimization we can first check to see if the current finger's
predecessor is after start; if so we do a full lookup otherwise the
finger is still correct.

--Frank