[chord] Maintaining the finger table in CHORD

qasem kharma qkhar002 at cs.fiu.edu
Tue Aug 26 16:42:41 EDT 2003

Dear Sir/Madam,

I have a question about maintaining the finger table in CHORD algorithm. I
understand that the finger table is not critical for routing, and the
algorithm is not aggressive to maintain it; however, the finger table
helps to reduce the number of hops needed to route a request. I could not
find any reference describing an algorithm to maintain the finger table.
Please, could you provide me with information about the mechanism you are
using for maintaining the finger table? Did you publish any paper related
to maintaining the finger tables in case of a new node joining or a node
leaving? What is the complicity of maintaining the finger table?

Thanks and Best Regards,

Qasem Kharma