Email: micahbro at mit dot edu
· M. Brodsky. Partial Redundancy and Morphological Homeostasis: Reliable Development through Overlapping Mechanisms. In Proceedings of the 13th European Conference on Artificial Life (ECAL 2015), July 2015. (presentation slides, 30MB)
M. Brodsky. Synthetic Morphogenesis: Space, Time, and
Deformation. PhD thesis, MIT, September 2014.
M. Brodsky. "Spatial Patterning with the
Rule of Normal Neighbors". Extended abstract. In Proceedings of the
14th International Conference on the Synthesis and Simulation of Living
Systems (ALIFE 14), July 2014.
· M. Brodsky. Self-Timed Patterning. In The 7th International Workshop on Spatial Computing (SCW 2014), May 2014.
· P. Panchekha & M. Brodsky. Distributed Shared State with History Maintenance. MIT CSAIL TR-2013-024, October 2013.
N. Kushman, M. Brodsky, S.R.K.
Branavan, D. Katabi, R. Barzilay, M. Rinard. WikiDo.
8th ACM Workshop on Hot Topics in Networking (HotNets-VIII), October 2009.
M. Brodsky and R. Morris. In
Defense of Wireless Carrier Sense. Proceedings of the ACM SIGCOMM 2009
Conference on Data Communication (SIGCOMM '09), Barcelona, Spain, August
2009. (author’s version
w/minor corrections; presentation slides)
M. Brodsky. In Defense of Wireless Carrier Sense.
Master’s thesis, MIT, February 2009.
M. Krohn, A. Yip. M. Brodsky, R.
Morris, M. Walfish. A World Wide Web
Without Walls. 6th ACM Workshop on Hot Topics in Networking
(HotNets-VI), November 2007.
M. Krohn, A. Yip, M. Brodsky, N.
Cliffer, M. F. Kaashoek, E. Kohler, R. Morris. Information Flow
Control For Standard OS Abstractions. Proceedings of the 21st
Symposium on Operating Systems Principles (SOSP 2007), Stevenson, WA, October
M. Brodsky, P. Efstathopoulos,
M. F. Kaashoek, E. Kohler, M. Krohn, D. Mazieres, R. Morris, S. VanDeBogart,
A. Yip. Toward
Secure Services from Untrusted Developers. MIT CSAIL TR-2007-041.
· M. Brodsky and E. Kochhar. Nooks for NT. Undergraduate honors thesis, University of Washington, 2006.
· M. Brodsky, G. Sussman. White Lies about Biology: Programming Deformable Surfaces. 8th International Conference on Complex Systems, June 2011. (slides)
Projects, past and present:
Deformable Amorphous Computing
History Maintenance Systems
Mining Application Dependency Data
Understanding Carrier Sense
Spring ’11 – 6.945 Adventures in Symbolic Programming TA
Autumn ’10 – 6.946 Classical Mechanics: A Computational Approach TA
Spring ’10 – 6.945 Adventures in Symbolic Programming TA
Autumn ’09 – 6.004 Computation Structures TA / recitation instructor
Autumn ’07 – 6.02 Intro to EECS II TA
Silverlight Kaleidoscope – a kaleidoscope simulator I wrote in Silverlight / C#
Ripple simulator – a raindrop ripples effect, based on a Silverlight sample from nokola.com, but rewritten with more physically accurate mechanics using a hexagonal waveguide mesh with dispersion compensation
MiniScroller – a navigation and selection tool for old-school Tablet PCs (which really merited its own webpage!)
Requisite random list of interesting (and/or out-of-date) things else-web:
A Note on Distributed Computing (The Waldo rant)
Grieve with me, blue master chickenz (an XML rant)
Beach 40 7MHz DSB transceiver (only 8 transistors)
Interspersed pictures are selected cellular surfaces grown in my doctoral thesis. Background image is a steady-state solution to the Swift-Hohenberg model equation on periodic boundary conditions.
Last updated 2/24/2016.
Yes, I did compose this in MS Word. Life’s too short for HTML. =P