[Click] 'click-install' takes a long time to load

Richard Neumann mail at richard-neumann.de
Wed Sep 18 11:36:19 EDT 2013

Hi eveybody,

when I'm loading a click configuration file using click-install (in
kernel mode), it takes about 2.6 seconds to load:

root at b2:/root# time click-install discard.click

real	0m2.669s
user	0m0.000s
sys	0m2.616s

Where discard.click contains the following:
FromDevice(eth41, PROMISC true) -> Discard();

Is there any way to speed up this process?
We are using Ubuntu 10.04 LTS with 2.6.32-24-generic-pae and click
2.0.1.

We'd appreciate any help.

Best regards,

Richard