[Click] help

樊峰峰 yishuihan_1 at sjtu.edu.cn
Thu Oct 24 05:47:48 EDT 2013

Dear Sir/Madam:
   I am a student from sjtu in China, my partner and I are vrey interested in the click. Now we are using the Example Configurations called simple-ipsec.click provided by you to run the click, but there are some wrongs, after we changed some codes it display no router for xx.xx.xx.xx, expensive packet wrong and so on, we try to do some modification, but it does not work. I wonder if we should do some modification to simple-ipsec.click and click itself or we should do something else and how we can do. It is a great pleasure for you to help us. We will be very appreciated for your warm-hearted reply.

Following are some initial problems we found and some other informatiom.

Simple-click Example configurations we run:
http://www.read.cs.ucla.edu/click/examples/simple-ipsec.click
Click version: Click 2.0.1
Codes we found may have problems:

Problem1:We consider the enc_key and auth_ky length should be 128 bytes, but in /click/elements/ipsec/ipsecroutetable.cc, the length is 16,codes are:
if (enc_key.length() != 16 || auth_key.length() != 16) {
	click_chatter("key has bad length");
I wonder if there any problems.

Problem2:
rt :: RadixIPsecLookup(18.26.4.24/32 0,
		        18.26.4.1/32 3,
		        18.26.7.1/32 2,
		        18.26.7.0/24 4,
		        18.26.8.0/24 18.26.4.1 1 234 ABCDEFFF001DEFD2354550FE40CD708E 112233EE556677888877665544332211 300 64);
For these codes,we wonder if there any problems for the parameters, because when we run we find it report:key has bad length
95:while configuring rt::RadixIPsecLookup, argument 5 should be ADDR/MASK [GATE WAY] OUTPUT!
Router could not be initialized.

best wishes!
--
Fengfeng Fan,  Postgraduate Student