[Click] Question about developing an element of new network layer headers to replace IP headers

Lawrence Lee lawrenceqli at gmail.com
Sat Mar 30 12:10:03 EDT 2013

Hi all,

Our group developed a new network layer protocol in which new network layer
headers replace IP headers in packets. May I know if we can implement the
protocol in Click. I took a look at the source code of Click, e.g., the
todevice and fromdevice modules. It seems that we cannot simply develop an
element to replace IP headers in Click because IP headers are a must. I am
not sure if my understanding is correct.

Your comments and suggestions will be greatly appreciated.

Best Regards,
Lawrence