[Click] netmap support?

wbsun wbsun at cs.utah.edu
Tue Jan 15 16:14:20 EST 2013

This sounds interesting.

I haven't tried a complete IP router, but with a simplified one which
doesn't care ARP and ICMP, it works well. Things may be different
because I am using my own modified Click and it is hard for me to figure
out which change makes this work in a short time..

I've got the same problem that after running Click once and killing it
for a new settings, it was stuck so I had to reload the NIC driver and
netmap module and re-setup the network configuration. But my performance
result is good, for a simple forwarding configuration, it achieves a
13.1Mpps peak performance with a 10Gb Intel 82599 NIC on an old Intel
Core i7 930 CPU (two of four cores used).

Weibin Sun