[Click] running click examples in ubuntu 12.04 !!

Claude Hangui claudehangui at ymail.com
Fri Aug 23 06:25:56 EDT 2013

Hello everyone!
i'm a newbie in click, tring to figure out how click language works and i've
got some difficulties in running click examples available in the conf
folder.when I ran
 click udpgen.click
The following error occur.

 /conf/udpgen.click:28: unknown element class ‘FastUDPSource’
 ./conf/udpgen.click:30: unknown element class ‘PollDevice'

It doesn't work in the userlevel mode, so I tried the kernel istallation but
the appropriate patch doesn't exist for my kernel.i'm working on ubuntu
12.04 and my kernel version is 3.2.0.52, and the latest patch i've got on my
PC is linux-2.6.24.7-patch. I
discovered this once I wanted to patch my linux kernel. I checked on the
forum for answers and the ISTALL file, I saw that we could use the patchless
mode. I don't really understand this mode,I would appreciate someone explain
to me what this means. Moreover, I would like to know if installing an old
linux kernel version on my PC will solve the issue ? thx in advance