[Click] ixgbe with VMDq

Richard Neumann mail at richard-neumann.de
Mon Apr 15 08:33:39 EDT 2013

Hello everybody,

we set up a RouteBricks environment using Intel 82598EB 10-Gigabit cards
with the ixgbe-1.3.56.5 driver patched for multi-queuing from click.
We now want to classify packets by their respective destination
MAC-addresses into different queues using the VMDq technology.
Unfortunately loading the ixgbe driver using the parameters
	InterruptType=2,2,2,2 VMDQ=2,2,2,2
does not do the work. All received packets on the respective interface
will go into the same queue, no matter what destination MAC-address they
carry.

Does anyone of you have experience using VMDq with the mentioned driver
and networking cards and how to configure them properly?

Thank you and best regards

Richard