[Click] ns3-click packet processing delay

nsclick at gmx.de nsclick at gmx.de
Fri Nov 9 07:41:00 EST 2012

> ns-3 has no notion of processing delay as of now.

Thanks Lalith for the information.
My problem is that an element with the following code (for testing purposes) influences my simulation results. If I comment the lines for scheduling, the simulation results are ok.
How can the following code influence the simulation result? The only thing the code does is configuring the scheduler for the next event. But the code does not produce packets for the simulation.
Could someone explanin me how a code that only schedules itself can influence the simulation?

int Foo::initialize( ErrorHandler * )
{
	_timer.initialize( this );
	uint32_t start = ( random() % _period );
	_timer.schedule_after_msec( start );
	return 0;
}

void Foo::run_timer(Timer *)
{
	int period = ( int ) ( _period * .95 + ( random() % ( _period / 10 ) ) );
	_timer.reschedule_after_msec( period );
}