[Click] What makes userlevel ToDevice(eth0) fail when FromDevice(eth0) is activated?

Giorgio Calarco giorgio.calarco at unibo.it
Thu May 31 04:17:23 EDT 2012

Good. When I had this issue,I didn't go in depth, however I saw the
configuration script could not find some libpcap methods and sobstituted
them with fake methods, thus everything seemed to get compiled correctly
but when the xmit (libpcap) method is called, no packet is actually
transmitted.

Eddie: Maybe you can evaluate if it would be better in future releases to
revert the From/Todevice default method as LINUX or make this problem more
evident by the configuration script ?

Ciao, Giorgio

 Il giorno 30/mag/2012 12:20, "Markku Savela" <Markku.Savela at vtt.fi> ha
scritto:

On 05/30/2012 11:07 AM, Giorgio Calarco wrote:

>  If so, use the METHOD LINUX explicitly for the
Thanks, METHOD LINUX removed the problem.

No idea why exactly, but one suspect is my fault,
compiling click with latest OpenWrt SDK, but
running it on older version -- perhaps some
incompatibility with kernel (2.6 vs. 3.x)
and userspace pcap libraries...