[Click] Compilation --with-netmap fails FreeBSD current

Josh Train joshtrain at aero.org
Wed Mar 7 13:03:28 EST 2012

Hi,

Yesterday I reinstalled a system with the latest FreeBSD-Current and
tested that netmap works correctly with the pkt-gen application.

Today, I tried building click using sources that I pulled one day ago with
the following set of commands:

./configure --with-netmap

then I proceed to issue:

make

I got the following error:

In file included from ../include/click/packet.hh:4,
                 from ../include/click/element.hh:7,
                 from ../elements/userlevel/fromdevice.hh:3,
                 from ../elements/userlevel/fromdevice.cc:35:
../include/click/ipaddress.hh: In member function 'bool
IPAddress::is_multicast() const':
../include/click/ipaddress.hh:108: warning: large integer implicitly
truncated to unsigned type
../include/click/ipaddress.hh:108: warning: large integer implicitly
truncated to unsigned type
In file included from ../elements/userlevel/fromdevice.hh:24,
                 from ../elements/userlevel/fromdevice.cc:35:
../elements/userlevel/netmapinfo.hh: In static member function 'static
bool NetmapInfo::refill(netmap_ring*)':
../elements/userlevel/netmapinfo.hh:36: error:
'NETMAP_RING_FIRST_RESERVED' was not declared in this scope
../elements/userlevel/netmapinfo.hh:37: error: expected `;' before ')' token
../elements/userlevel/fromdevice.cc: In member function 'int
FromDevice::netmap_dispatch()':
../elements/userlevel/fromdevice.cc:493: error:
'NETMAP_RING_FIRST_RESERVED' was not declared in this scope
gmake: *** [fromdevice.o] Error 1
*** [userlevel] Error code 2

Stop in /root/click-latest.

Is this a known error? Is there another way I should be building click to
enable it to use netmap in a recent version of FreeBSD-Current?

Thanks,

Josh