[Click] external libs with kernel driver

Jörg Kaiser Kaiser.Joerg at gmx.net
Wed Jun 27 04:20:40 EDT 2012

Hi everyone,

I don't have much experience in linux programming but I wondered if it
would make sense to split click up into a user level part and a kernel
level part and let the both communicate through a netlink-socket. Or
would that be a bottleneck? As I understand it the kernel level mode
brings performance at cost of flexibility (not possible to use external
libraries).
Background: I tried to use the Botan crypto library but it will only
work in unserlevel.

I would be very pleased for a comment,

cheers

Joerg Kaiser