[Click] Need suggestions on integrating GPU computing into Click.

Weibin Sun wbsun at cs.utah.edu
Thu Jun 14 12:01:57 EDT 2012

Hi Click guys,

I am trying to make it convenient to use GPU computing in Click router.
The idea is inspired by PacketShader, the software router with GPU
acceleration. The current problem I've found is that GPU needs large number
of packets for acceleration, which may need some change to Element
interface to accept batched packets. I am still reading Click source code
to try to make the whole picture clear and figure out the easy way to
harness GPU in Click. But now I just send this mail in hope of suggestions
and comments from experienced people. Any comments and suggestions
regarding to how I should get familiar with Click source code, how the
integration may be, criticism thinking this sucks, potential workloads with
heavy computations for GPU, interesting network applications on Click, and
other else are welcome! I appreciate it!

Thanks,
Weibin Sun