[Click] netflow

Anthony Dempsey anthonyjdempsey at gmail.com
Tue Jan 24 07:25:36 EST 2012

I've done a bit more work on this and realised I hadn't encapsulated the
netflow data in any packet type, I've now encapsulated it in UDP/IP
headers. So my netflow now looks like:

Idle -> NetflowExport(af0, VERSION 10, INTERVAL 1)
    -> UDPIPEncap($myaddr3, 4739, 172.16.3.2, 4739)
    -> CheckIPHeader2(INTERFACES 172.16.1.2/255.255.255.0
172.16.2.1/255.255.255.0 172.16.3.1/255.255.255.0)
    -> rt;

I'm still having problems when I try to send to a node in my simulation.
The packets are ok, I've encapsulated them in ethernet headers and dropped
them to a pcap file and they look fine and I can use IPEncp(4, ....) giving
two IP headers and the simulation wont stop but does give me this warning:

expensive Packet::push; have 8 wanted 14

but I don't want to have IP in IP. I'm adding some FEC to IPFIX so I need
to be able to encode, transfer, and decode the packets before they are
passed to NS-3. If I don't use a click config file on node 3 I can get the
simulation to complete but I need to access the packets before they are
passed to NS-3. I can print the packets before they are passed to [0]output
in the click files but the simulation crashes after that.

Can anyone help me?
Cheers,
Anthony