[Click] Alignment issue

Markku Savela Markku.Savela at vtt.fi
Tue Jan 10 08:34:23 EST 2012

On 01/09/2012 08:19 PM, Eddie Kohler wrote:
> On reflection, I think the right answer here is to degrade the
> Classifier error to a warning. I did this, and added more context to
> describe the different ways to fix the error.

Ok, I tested this, and seems to work.

echo.click:6: While configuring 'c :: Classifier':
   warning: alignment unknown, but machine is sensitive to alignment
   (Classifier must be told how its input packets are aligned in memory.
   Fix this error either by passing your configuration through click-align,
   or by providing explicit AlignmentInfo. I am assuming the equivalent
   of 'AlignmentInfo(c 4 0)'.)

Actually, I'm not sure whether my packet is actually aligned
enough for my classifier parameters, or whether I get saved
by linux kernel handling the alignment error).