[Click] Error inserting click.ko module in kernel mode

udit kumar yudistrange at gmail.com
Wed Feb 15 01:26:39 EST 2012

Hi,

I am an Mtech student from India. I wanted to use click for my thesis which
relates to changing the routing table on the fly.
For this I compiled and installed a Linux kernel 2.6.24 with the the
appropriate patch 2.6.24.7 (hopefully the version number is not a problem)
It all compiled peacefully and is running fine. Then I configured and
installed click.
It exited with an error stating that cannot perform changes on man pages
and doc files as they are read only.

Now that I try to install the click.ko module it returns an error saying
that it contains unknown symbol. I tried searching for it and got the hint
that it has something to do with floating point usage in click config file.
But in that case I am using the test config files supplied with click only.
They should atleast run.
This is my first time with click so I have no idea what blunder i am
committing.
Please help.

Regards ,
Udit