[Click] Problems with nsclick

Lalith Suresh suresh.lalith at gmail.com
Thu Feb 9 16:27:55 EST 2012

Hi,

On Thu, Feb 9, 2012 at 12:31 AM, Marcia Manuela Nunes
<marciamanuela at gmail.com> wrote:
> Hi, I'm a new user of ns3, and i'm having some troubles with nsclick. I
> started to create small networks to get familiar with nsclick, and after
> this, i will try to create a data center network. Basically, i tried to
> expand the example nsclick-routing.cc. I'm using 4 hosts and 2 routers, in
> this way:
>
>                (10.0.k.x)
>               Host2   Host3
>  (2.2)   (3.2)
>            (2.X)\      /(3.X)
>   (2.1)  (3.1)
>                  Router2
>                   (4.2)
>                (4.X)|
>                   (4.1)
>                  Router1
>                (0.2)  (1.2)
>            (0.x)/      \(1.X)
>                (0.1)  (1.1)
>              Host0    Host1
>
> The host 0 sends udps to host 3, and the host 3 should make an echo of the
> udps. However, the router 1 isn't passing the udps.
> If, anyone could help me, i would be very grateful.

If you look at the pcap traces, you'll notice that there are
unanswered ARP requests floating around, which is the cause of the
problem. Carefully investigate your Click configurations to see if the
routing tables use the right gateways for a particular destination
prefix.

> --
> *Márcia Manuela M. Nunes*
> Undergraduate Student | Communication Networks Engineering
> University of Brasilia - UnB
> email:  marciamanuela at gmail.com   |  marcia.nunes at ieee.org

Lalith Suresh
www.lalith.in