[Click] Help required for a Basic NAT using click

udit kumar yudistrange at gmail.com
Tue Apr 17 06:58:14 EDT 2012

Hello,

I want to create a basic NAT with with two subnets and a public network.
The basic idea is to rewrite the IP information on a packet to send it to
the other subnet instead of the one it was originally destined for.
For instance if I choose two subnets 192.168.0.0/24 and 192.168.10.0/24
Now I want to rewrite the packet information on the packets with
destination for the subnet 192.168.0.0/24 so that they now have their
destination set for a host on the subnet 192.168.10.0/24

Also I want to do the reverse for the packets coming from the internal
subnet to the outside world, i.e. change the source address from 10.0/24 to
0.0/24
I read the documentation and think the IPRewriter module can help me with
that.

But I really dont understand how the patterns work or how to form a
connection between devices. I am attaching the configuration file which I
could write on my own with this mail. Also please suggest some resource
from where I can read and understand what is actually going on. I tried
reading the Mazu-nat and Thomer-nat files. But I did not understand most of
it . Please help.

Regards,
Udit